The Business Of Dating & Scams
AS VALENTINES DAY APPROACHES
SPOKEO REVEALS 71% OF AMERICANS ARE WILLING TO RESEARCH THEIR DATES OR POTENTIAL DATES TO FEEL SAFER
71% of Americans are willing to do their research to feel safer about someone they are in a relationship with, or considering a relationship with.
The numbers are pretty similar for those willing to pay for research (35%) and those who only use the tools that are available for free (36%).
When broken down by gender, women are generally more willing to conduct a search at all (77% of women vs. 66% of men), but are less willing to pay for a search (40% of women would conduct only free searches vs. only 32% of men).
Who’s doing the spending? Of those who would conduct a search, 29% of males are willing to pay a higher price of $26+ vs. only 21% of the women who would pay the same higher amount.
Latest posts by Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Reporting Romance Scams: Why Survivors Often Don’t - January 15, 2018
- HATE MAIL - January 6, 2018
- FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION OVERTURNS OBAMA ADMINISTRATION - December 27, 2017
- Phone Support - December 26, 2017
- Christmas - December 25, 2017