IS ONE OF THE COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OF ROMANCE SCAMMERS
The African & Russian Schools of Scamming have a similar characteristic, they are working huge numbers of prospect victims, and just don’t have time to waste.
When a victim that they have invested a large amount of time on, discovers that they are a scammers, and makes the mistake of accusing the scammer, the scammer first tries to argue that they are not.
When the arguments and pleading do not work, then they turn mean and hostile/ The immediately attack the victim.
Why do they do this?
There is actually solid psychology in this. By attacking, they know that a percentage of victims will cave in, meaning they will do what the scammer asks. The victim will think that maybe they were really wrong, and they angered the scammer. This is not so different from “Battered Spouse Syndrome” – if the scammer sees that the victims gives in a little, they go back to all loving to get what they want. They will keep the victim on emotional highs and lows to get all they can.
HAVE DOUBTS = JUST WALK AWAY
When you have doubts about a person, and you see red flags, remember, just walk away.
There is no benefit in confronting the scammer. All you do is subject yourself to emotional abuse, cause yourself doubt, and make yourself vulnerable.
Plus, when you confront a scammer, you only make them a better scammer. You will give them the clues they need to improve. Is that what you want?
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
- Pay Attention – look for the red flags
- Ask questions, a lot of questions, and carefully review their answer or non-answers
- When you have doubts, collect information – everything you can – not about what they are saying (it doesn’t matter), but their contact details.
- Don’t worry about trying to find rock solid confirmation, it doesn’t matter. You have doubts – listen to your instincts.
- Report them to us so others will benefit from your identification: http://romancescamsnow.com/report-scammers-here/
Scammers may respond with threats. As long as YOU haven’t don’t anything REALLY stupid, you have nothing to fear. http://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/do-victims-fear-legal-risks/
Don’t try to find out WHY the real person is behind the fake persona – it doesn’t matter, you are just wasting your time and frustrating yourself in the process. Accept they are a scammer and move on. Would you do that in real life? If you met someone a couple of times in a bar, and find out that there are things wrong with that person, would you stalk them to find every little detail? We hope not – same here – just move on.
Also, it is very important, after a scammer encounter, especially one where you invested emotional energy – that you began to care – that you give yourself some time to get over the experience. Otherwise, a pattern of dependence can develop.
MORE INFORMATION – ANTI-SCAMMER TOOLBOX
For more information about the psychology of scams, here are some articles that may help you:
- Why Do We Believe Lies: http://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/why-we-believe-lies/
- The Compassionate Scammer: http://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/compassionate-scammers/
- Understanding the Narcissist Scammer: http://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/editorial-understanding-the-narcissist-scammer/
- Dating Scams & Addiction: http://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/dating-scams-and-addiction/
- Stubborn Men: http://romancescamsnow.com/dating-scams/deal-with-reality/
While we could provide endless catalogs of scammers, we believe it is better to help you UNDERSTAND scamming fundamentals. This is a skill set you can develop for yourself, instead of relying on others to save you.
BEST OF LUCK
Remember, there are real people out there. But if you are only finding scammers, then you know you are looking for the wrong things.