SCARS|RSN™ Anti-Scam FAQ: What Is A Swatting Call
A “Swatting Call” is where someone calls the local police emergency number (911) and reports a violent crime either at your home or office.
The caller might claim that there are multiple people dead or that there is a bomb, or some other obvious reason for the police to show up in force – send their SWAT Teams in. Typically, when the police arrive they are not very careful about damage and the trauma on the recipients can be significant, especially if this is in the middle of the night.
The objective of the scam call is to include trauma, embarrassment, and destruction from the fake call on whoever is the target.
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Lt. General Patricia D. Horoho: Have You Seen Her? Another Stolen Face / Stolen Identity - February 22, 2019
- The Great Privacy Awakening – SCARS|RSN™ Cybersecurity News - February 21, 2019
- Americans in These States Are Most Likely to be Catfishing Victims – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - February 21, 2019
- 21 Online Scams You May Not Know About [Infographic] – SCARS|RSN™ Insight - February 21, 2019
- Colonel Tristan B.L. Siegel – SCARS|RSN™ Victims Speak Out - February 21, 2019