Scam FAQ: What Is A Romance Scam
- Romance Scams are an international crime that usually involves a fake identity to fool a person into engaging in a massively manipulated romantic relationship.
- Romance Scams do not happen because the victim was stupid, they happen because the scammer socially engineered a set of conditions to trap the victim.
- Romance Scams can happen to anyone since it is based upon triggering the victim’s own brain against them then sustaining the scam through spy-craft style manipulation.
- Romance Scams don’t just happen to sad lovely people, they can happen to anyone, even people that are married – anyone can be scammed.
- Romance Scams victims cannot simply get over it, they involve deep-seated trauma that can result in PTSD or other disorders and professional help may be required.
- Romance Scams are a major challenge to law enforcement worldwide since it involves international treaties and extradition, and the host nations in Africa benefit from the influx of money.
- Romance Scams began in the early 1990’s and have grown into an industry rivaling the illicit drug industry, and they help support human trafficking and terrorism.
- Romance Scams require a globally concerted effort both at the grassroots level to help educate others, and at the governmental level to improve laws and treaties to promote greater enforcement.
- Romance Scams can be stopped with education and safe habits online, and the diligent efforts of people just like you!
Copyright © 2018 SCARS
What SCARS|RSN Visitors Were Looking For
Latest posts by SCARS|RSN Romance Scams Now Editorial Team (see all)
- Tax Scams In The UK Are Out Of Control – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 20, 2019
- Nigerian Scammer Arrested For Impersonation – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 20, 2019
- Yahoo Boy Jailed Four Months- SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 20, 2019
- Online Dating Scam Dupes Edmonton Man Out Of $143,000 – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 19, 2019
- Woman Was Scammed Out Of $140,000 By Man She Met On The Internet – SCARS|RSN™ SCAM NEWS - March 19, 2019